Click below to subscribe !

Saturday 27 April 2013

Worgens VS Helmets Part 1: Plate Edition

Being a lady Worgen has its good and bad points, and under the bad points category, the top complaint/worry when a new tier is coming is 'What the hell will the helmet look like on my wolf?!'

I wanted to take the time to show some of the 'OH DEAR GOD THAT'S HIDEOUS' and also the 'Thankgod it fits properly' moments when I have been fortunate to get an upgrade or just browsing in MogIt/AtlasLoot. I am a plate wearer myself, but I feel Worgens get the worst pick when it comes to mail, leather and cloth helms too, so I will be showing you through my best and worst in those sections too.

So here are my picks of the plate helmets, please note this is very image heavy!

'OH DEAR GOD THAT'S HIDEOUS' selection:

Haunted Steel Headguard


 I can see the look and appeal of this helmet, perhaps on other races, however Worgens tend to have thier hairstyle wildly sticking out the back and also tend to have the helmets sticking out at the sides and front to accomodate their nose/muzzle? This one I am just not sure on at all..

Mask of Penance
Side view
I absolutely LOVE the paladin judgement set, I think its still probably in the top five sets of all time and the only way to get my DK something as close as I can to it, was to farm the TBC heroic 5 man set which is recoloured to the purple/pink version you see here. I was quite disappointed when I discovered the looks of this on my wolf, as its very mis-shapen, to again accomodate the nose of a wolf. Also the hair sticking out at the back just looks wrong to me. I had to have hide helm ticked whilst transmogged to this set which was a real shame.


Faceplate of the Impenetrable
Another tier set which is extremely high in appreciation is always Tier 6 from TBC raids and this warrior recolour/remake again doesnt look 100% right on a wolf. Looks perfect on an orc or human imo.

Helmet of the Lost Catacomb

 Never liked this set and its just a wierd fit on a wolf.

Helm of Blazing Glory

Again the hair out of the back is a problem and the width of the helment is out of proportion and too stretched. Really hoped for a bit more from this as I love the looks of it :(


'Thankgod it fits properly!' selection:

Sanctified Scourgelord Faceguard
Love love love the looks of this one, I think the helmets height helps hide the fact that the hair is poking out at the back, which I have realised I need to just accept. I think the taller the helmet on a worgen, the better!

Fel-Steel Warhelm

Another warrior recoloured set for my DK to get, and I again love the looks. The colour may not be the best, but those horns are great!

Ironbark Faceguard

I'm sensing a theme that Worgen hats need to have horns, but again this warrior recolour matches nicely, perhaps a little too wide on the face, but the gap for the nose and the horns to cover the hair at the back, all looking good to me. This looks amazing on a female orc too.

Irondrake Faceguard
 Suprise suprise its another warrior recolour! This one does stick out a little when you look from the side, however I still think its one of the better helmets for transmog for a wolfy.

Jaw of Repudiation
My current transmog set and the fit is just perfect. I love how my eyes are red for a change too! Just love it!


These are just my personal hates/likes, have you seen anything that has made you do a double take? Not just on worgens, but any race would be good to compare, for both good or bad reasons, and if so please do share them with me via leaving a comment or tweeting me at @KaitzWoW

Kaitz~

No comments:

Post a Comment